RCMP Watch Clerk
RCMP Support/Bylaw Services Department
Position Type/ Hours:
This is a term position working a twelve (12) hour rotating shift, four (4) days on, four (4) days off for approximately nine (9) months.
Position Description: With some independent action, in a highly confidential environment, perform specialized clerical support duties to include recording, data entry and queries on software systems such as C.P.I.C, C.I.I.D.S, P.I.R.S., O.S.R., P.R.O.S., Report Exec., and J.O.I.N. for the RCMP and Bylaw Enforcement Division. Accurately and expediently receive, record and assess calls for service from a variety of sources requiring police action, respond to public inquiries in a professional manner and refer information and/or individual to appropriate official.
• High School diploma or GED equivalency supplemented with administration courses.
• Preference will be given to individuals with an Office Administration or related certificate.
• A minimum of one (1) year experience in a comparable, responsible clerical support position.
• Previous related experience working for the RCMP/Bylaw Services is considered an asset.
• Legal background and previous radio experience are assets.
• Knowledge of computer software applications is required. Specifically, proven experience with word processing and spreadsheet software programs.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast paced, changing environment is an asset.
• Ability to use sound judgment, remain calm and courteous during stressful situations and work with minimum supervision is required.
• Strong communication, interpersonal and customer-service skills are required.
• Proven organizational and decision-making skills and a detail-oriented work style in order to manage multiple tasks.
• Ability to acquire an RCMP Enhanced Reliability Clearance is essential.
• Ability to communicate in French or another second language is an asset.
Salary & Benefits
Pay / Classification Level: PL 11
Salary Range: $33.17 (Term Rate)
In addition to the rate of pay, we offer other attractive incentives:
-an additional payment of $480 prorated on the number of hours worked which represents a cost of living allowance
Requisition Number: 002456
Closing Date: July 28, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Posting Type: External
To apply: Please visit our website at www.woodbuffalo.ab.ca
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals
selected for interviews will be contacted.
Late applications will not be accepted.
Wood Buffalo, Regional Municipality of
9909 Franklin Ave
Fort McMurray, Alberta
Canada T9H 2K4