File Quality Reviewers
City of New Westminster
This job posting has expired
End of contest: July 4, 2012
Type (Full time / Part time): Temporary Assignment
Our Police Services is seeking two temporary fulltime File Quality Reviewers who will verify and maintain information in Prime BC; process new occurrence files; review UCR scoring; verify CPIC entries; maintain dispositions; produce statistical reports; and perform other related clerical duties.
• Completion of Grade 12 plus sound related experience, including or supplemented by business and computer courses; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Completion of Prime BC computer terminal operator’s courses an asset.
• Working knowledge of JUSTIN considered an asset.
• Considerable knowledge of the rules, regulations, policies and procedures applicable to maintenance of Police occurrence files and records.
• Sound knowledge of the methods, practices and procedures used in operating Prime BC and of the UCR code system.
• Sound knowledge of clerical, record keeping methods, business English, spelling and arithmetic.
• Sound knowledge of the Criminal Code of Canada and other applicable Federal and Provincial statutes.
• Ability to ensure that departmental files and records are maintained in accordance with established rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
• Ability to review file documents to ensure that all information is recorded.
• Ability to operate Prime BC or similar systems, and have general knowledge of CPIC entries.
• Ability to prepare, process and maintain a variety of files, records and reports.
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships and to deal effectively and courteously with internal and external contacts.
• Ability to work a non-standard work week within a 7 day/week operation which include days, weekends and nightshifts between 6:00 – 24:00.
• The successful candidates must be able to pass and maintain a background security clearance.
Salary & Benefits
Great City, Great Work, Great Future!
DEPARTMENT: Police ServiceSTATUS: Temporary Assignment*
NO. OF POSITIONS: TwoUNION: CUPE
HOURS OF WORK: Non-Standard Work Week
SALARY: $23.94 - $28.13 per hour
This will be a* 3 to 6 month term with the possibility of extension.
New Westminster, City of
511 Royal Avenue
New Westminster, British Columbia
Canada V3L 1H9
This job posting has expired
Other relevant information
Apply by sending your resume quoting competition #12-32, by July 04, 2012 to the Human Resources Department, City of New Westminster, 511 Royal Avenue, New Westminster, BC, V3L 1H9, Fax: (604)527-4619 or e-mail to email@example.com .
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The City of New Westminster is committed to employment equity.
We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.