Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo
This job posting has expired
End of contest: June 16, 2012
Type (Full time / Part time): Full Time
Sergeant – Operations
RCMP Support/Bylaw Services Department
Position Type/ Hours: This is a permanent full-time position working thirty-five (35) hours per week.
• Assist the Deputy-Chief, Operations in leading, supervising and coaching resources (people, dollars, and materials) to deliver services and programs provided through the Bylaw Services Branch.
• Support collaboration in urban and rural communities with internal and external resources to achieve approved service levels. This includes leading Bylaw Service resources on scheduled patrols to Rural Service Area communities.
• Receive and act upon inquiries/complaints from the general public in regards to Bylaw Services.
• Develop and maintain an effective working relationship that is sensitive to the diversity of cultures.
• Assist in addressing service delivery responsibilities and act as a regional resource.
• Identify and maintain opportunities of mutual interest with First Nations in the Region that benefit all communities.
• Provide senior management with advice on the political picture as applicable to the services provided by the Bylaw Services Branch.
• Answer and act upon inquiries/complaints from the general public in regards to Bylaw Services.
• Interact with Community Associations and other interest groups as they pertain to Bylaw Services.
• Consult and liaise with the general public, private and public agencies, community groups, First Nations and other stakeholders regarding Bylaw Services Branch issues.
• Ensure that the service standard and quality measure of community needs and demands are established, implemented, monitored and continually evaluated in response to change.
• Build synergies through inter-dependencies to promote effective communication.
• Participate in developing Department business plans and coordinate the implementation of all initiatives assigned to the Bylaw Services Branch.
• Examine and prepare recommendations relative to bylaws, corporate policies, Administrative Procedures and Standard Operating Procedures that apply to the Bylaw Services Branch.
• Participate in the planning and coordination between departments, external groups and agencies on organization-wide objectives.
• Diploma in Law Enforcement, Criminology or Police Sciences or graduation from an academy recognized by an accredited police. Suitable combination of education and previous policing/bylaw experience will be considered.
• Five (5) years related experience, to include a minimum of three (3) years in a leadership role.
• Basic Emergency Management Course is preferred.
• Incident Command System (ICS 100 & 200) is preferred.
You will posses the following:
• Experience working in an operational bylaw or comparable policing environment, including operational and operational support or operational administration.
• Demonstrated leadership, planning, interpersonal and communications skills.
• Proven ability to work under own initiative and make sound decisions, sometimes under stressful conditions.
• Class Five (5) Drivers License.
• Ability to acquire RCMP Enhanced Reliability Security Clearance.
• Ability to acquire Level One (1) Community Peace Officer appointment through the Alberta Solicitor General’s office.
• Media Relations training.
• Ability to acquire Commissioner for Oaths status through the Commissioner for Oaths Act.
• Must be medically and physically fit and able to respond to emergencies and non-emergency situations.
• General knowledge of Canada Labour Code and Provincial Workers Compensation Board Policy.
• Ability to perform duties as outlined on the Physical Demand Analysis (PDA) for the position.
Salary & Benefits
Salary: Competitive Salary
In addition to the rate of pay, we offer other attractive incentives:
-excellent training and development opportunities
-an extensive employer paid benefits plan
-home equity protection program
-an additional annual payment of $12,480 which represents a cost of living allowance
Requisition Number: 002693
Closing Date: June 16, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Posting Type: Internal & External
To apply: Please visit our website at www.woodbuffalo.ab.ca
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Late applications will not be accepted.
Wood Buffalo, Regional Municipality of
9909 Franklin Ave
Fort McMurray, Alberta
Canada T9H 2K4
This job posting has expired