The minimum qualifications for this position include:
- Four year University degree in Civil Engineering.
- A licensed Professional Engineer designation in the Province of Ontario.
- Minimum 10 years of experience or equivalent, with progressively responsible management experience in a municipal engineering/public works environment, and a strong background and knowledge of municipal public works project planning, engineering principles and standards, design and approval processes, construction management, infrastructure asset management and project estimating.
- Strong organizational, leadership, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Proven ability to effectively manage, motivate and work with peers, technical and operational staff, consultants, contractors, approval agencies and other professional services providers.
- Strong verbal and written communication and listening skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- A valid Driver’s Licence and a satisfactory Driver’s Abstract.
Access to personal vehicle to perform job duties/corporate business.
This position offers a comprehensive benefit package and a salary range of: $139,339.20 to $162,981.00 (2017 Non-Union Compensation Grid), based on a 35 hour work week.
Applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, clearly marked Posting #094-17 by Friday, September 22 at 4:00 pm.
ATTENTION: HR DEPARTMENT, County of Wellington Administration Centre, 74 Woolwich Street, Guelph ON N1H 3T9. E: email@example.com or F: 519.837.8882. Please respond by one method of application only. No phone calls please. Personal information in relation to the recruitment and hiring process is collected under the authority outlined in the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
The County is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation for disabilities is available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.