Leisure Services Manager manages and supervises the Events Facility including three (3) ice surfaces, leisure pool, gymnasium, curling rink, skate park and tennis courts; as well as managing recreation programs, facilities and activities. The successful applicant will lead, manage, supervise and co-ordinate all Leisure Services activities for the City of Estevan along with a talented team of Management and staff. The Leisure Service Manager will focus on the following duties:
- Manages, supervises and co-ordinates Leisure Services
- Plans, organizes, co-ordinates, directs and evaluates all Leisure Services Facilities and Programming. Prepares long and short-term plans.
- Ensures that Leisure Services Facilities are maintained and repaired.
- Directs, co-ordinates and ensures that Leisure Services has a Comprehensive Programming Plan.
- Promotes and markets facilities, advertises programs and attracts events. Assists with the organization of major community Leisure Services events.
- Administers Community Grant Program.
- Directs the implementation and monitors the progress of policies and programs, evaluates and recommends changes.
- Develops and implements Business Division policies, procedures, plans and budgets including long term capital budgets. Monitors and controls expenditures.
- Provides information for the preparation of specifications, tenders and contracts.
- Researches, prepares and submits reports on any matter.
- Participates in the appointment, hiring, training, suspension, dismissal, appraisal, promotion, demotion, transfer or dismissal of staff.
- Approves Leisure Services Board Agenda Packages
- Attend all meetings of Leisure Services Board. Attends meetings of Council and Council Committees as assigned and participates in the exchange of information providing opinion, guidance, advice and recommendations.
- Drafts correspondence resulting from decisions of the Leisure Services Board or Council.
- Manages contracts and books facilities during off-season.
- Responds to requests for information and investigates complaints.
- Acts as liaison with Federal, Provincial and Local Government Officials, Consultants, Customers and Members of Boards, Committees and Community Groups.
- Assists the public and associate staff members with records, bylaws, policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Grade 12 Diploma
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Degree in Sport and Recreation
EXPERIENCE AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Seven (7) years of progressively responsible leadership roles and experience in Leisure Services Management
- Seven (7) years Municipal Experience
- Experience working with volunteer boards and committees
- Proficiency in Computer Software Programs
- Superior leadership, interpersonal and organizational abilities
- Superior oral and written communication skills
The City of Estevan offers a competitive salary and an outstanding benefits package.
City of Estevan
Canada S4A 0W7